What Percentage Of Students Get 3 A grades or better?
In this blog post, we will discuss the percentage of students that get 3 A grades or better. What does this mean for your child’s education? Read on to find out more!
The average student in A level class is likely going to score 70% on the final exam with minimal preparation. There are many reasons for this, but one of the most important factors is simply time management. In order to balance work and extracurricular activities with studying effectively, students need a plan. We will also cover a few other important factors that increase your chances of getting that extra pass!
The Data that was published April 2021 on the Gov.uk (a very reliable source) shows the following results for all students who achieved 3 levels or better at a level:
- The majority of students who took A level exams were successful. 22.5% got 3 As or better, including those whose ethnicity was unknown!
- Chinese students have one of the highest proportions of getting 3 A grades or better. This rate is a massive 37%
- 2 of students from the Mixed White and Asian ethnic group got 3 A grades or better, this is the 2nd highest percentage when it comes to ethnicity.
- The statistics show that not a single Irish Traveller student got 3 A grades or better. This is based on only 6 pupils and the results are less reliable as such since it relies heavily upon them being an ethnic group instead of just students who happen to live in Ireland.
- The figure of 20.4% is a bit higher than previous years for White students who obtained three A grades or better.
- Black Caribbean students made up the lowest proportion of students with at least three A grades, at just 9.1 per cent, except the Irish Travellers.
As you can see the findings of the study show that there is a clear difference in performance among different ethnic groups this can be due to a number of reasons including the level of quality education they received in a specific school in their own socioeconomic status, different peer groups, values of their parents or all of the above.
Attributes To Ensure You Get A Grades
The most successful students commonly have the following trades:
Time management – The most successful students understand the importance of time management. This means managing study, homework and extracurricular activities to ensure that everything gets done in a timely manner.
Prioritizing – The best way to be productive is by doing what needs to get done first. If you start working on your hardest assignment early enough then it will not take up too much of your time.
Socializing- Socialization is important for mental health and the development of new skills. However, you should not go overboard with social activities during the study period because it can be counterproductive.
Study – This means studying effectively rather than just spending hours on end trying to memorize everything in a textbook or lecture slides. This includes taking effective notes, browsing through your lecture slides before the exam and sticking to a consistent schedule.
Whatever A Levels or indeed GCSE’s you are doing you really have to get the best grades possible. This is such a competitive world that in order to apply for the best jobs recuiters are going to look at your grades to differentiate you from other candidates.
To help we offer a number of half term term revision courses that take place during the academic year. Book your place now and best confident of getting the grades that you deserve!